Saturday 18 January 2020

The Impulse Buy

Have you ever bought something and then wondered why you had and then not been able think what you are going to do with whatever it was that you bought ?

Well this is a tale about a box of crochet squares!

A crown, beard and hair extensions were the last project for 2019.
So last summer we were at the annual village brocante and I purchased a box of nearly 500 crochet squares for a very few euros.  Not that I counted them before making the purchase, and neither did I have any plan for using them apart from the usual blanket or even waistcoat.

On getting them home they all went into the washing machine and then my trusty helper assisted with the pegging out.

Mark, aka the crochet squares laundry assistant.
It was at this point that I counted them and started to wonder what I was going to do with them all!  Then the weather got so hot that we could barely go outside during the afternoon so the sewing machine came out and the dining room table disappeared under a covering of multi-coloured opportunities.

Deep in concentration!
So first of all a couple of cushions ...

They're for the garden chairs really.
Then an advent tree ......

Each pocket is double thickness so this used up a fair few!
Then a pair of Christmas stockings ......

There is another one somewhere, probably in the lost sock place.

And a dozen padded coat hangers .......

I might even make some more of these for myself!

Now I just need an idea for the last 100 or so - hang on, maybe the waistcoat is a good idea after all!



No comments: